Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Daycare

This year I've been fortunate enough to stay home with Maya!  It's been one of the most wonderful times of my life.  I'm so thankful that I get this time with her as she amazes me everyday!

Next year I return to my teaching position, so we've been searching tirelessly for a good atmosphere in which to place Maya during the time when we're at work.  We finally decided on a wonderful family home-based daycare.  We are so lucky that they have an opening for Maya for the summer/fall (I believe we filled the last infant/toddler spot).

I feel so good about this choice.  It's a licensed home-base daycare and the licensing was really important to me- I wanted that accountability in place.  There are 3 teachers and lesson plans are posted weekly, a monthly newsletter goes home, there is a digital picture frame going with pictures of the children's families as well as sight word cards with pictures, it's insanely clean and organized, and FUN.  This is in a home but it's entirely separate from the family's home.  It has its own kitchen, family room/play room, nursery where the infants sleep, bathroom, and basement which has a section with Pack N'Plays for naps and indoor large active play when it's too yucky or cold to get out into the acre back yard, and a dress up area for imaginative play, etc!  Upstairs even has a separate room for the preschool program!

While I'm sure it will be a big adjustment for all of us, I think it's a great fit.  I realize that August is a long way off at this point, but I'm glad this is settled and I can continue to enjoy the rest of my time at home watching Maya grow into a wonderful little toddler!




No comments:

Post a Comment