Monday, May 21, 2012

Radnor Hunt Races!

We had a super busy and fun weekend!  On Saturday we were invited to a tented party at the Radnor Hunt races!  It was amazing.  My doctor invited us as well as my brother and sister-in-law.  She had the whole thing catered with buffet style appetizers, passed hors d'oeuvres, a buffet lunch, cocktails, bouquets of flowers at each table.  Really- it was truly "fancy schmancy!"  Her tent was right along the fence of the track and right near the finish line.  Unfortunately about 5 riders fell off during the first steeplechase.  This resulted in at least one injured jockey and the putting down of 2 horses.  I actually missed this race as I was chatting with someone I just met while she finished up her lunch- but I think it's better that I didn't see.  I just saw everyone's horrified reactions.  I heard that hats were a necessity so I had to go along and must admit it was fun to wear a fancy hat.  I found mine at TJ Maxx!


The family with Dr. Delaney, the host (center).  

Our wonderful view!


No comments:

Post a Comment