Thursday, April 19, 2012

Maya's 1 year stats

I realized that I never updated the blog with Maya's 1 year stats from her well visit.

She's still a skinny long thing.  She weighed 19lb 1oz (@20%) and was 29 3/4" tall (@70%).

She checked out a-ok but once again let everyone in the office hear about how unhappy she was regarding her shots!

I, of course, had a slew of questions as always- one was whether I should start to discourage her thumb sucking (which I have to admit makes parenting easier as I never have to remember a pacifier or retrieve one, etc.), which she really only does if she's in the car, putting herself to sleep, upset, or really tired.  He said that there's nothing we can do about so to not worry about it.  He said that they even can't really prove that it messes up teeth and that the biggest determinate for how her teeth will come in will be genetics- and Dave and I both had buck teeth so she's likely doomed anyway :-)  He also said that he's had parents with the biggest thumb and finger suckers with perfectly aligned teeth and kids with the most crooked teeth you've ever seen whose parents are in disbelief because the kid never sucked his/her thumb or took a pacifier.  So moral of the story- as with most things kid related- don't worry about it!

Here are some pics:
Maya has her own CamelBak water bottle now, but of course she still likes to take mine and drink from it!

Enjoying the nice weather by eating dinner outside!


Below is a video (well 2 videos clipped together) of Maya interacting with one of her birthday books and making animal sounds.  You really have to listen to hear the "woof" "woof."  Dave doesn't think it counts, but I do!  You can't view this on an iDevice- sorry- I don't like using YouTube, I started to get too many weird random views.

No comments:

Post a Comment