Friday, April 13, 2012

Maya's New Words

On Thursday, I went to professional development training for a new writing program that the district adopted for next school year.  So... Maya went to G.B's house, while I attended the training.  It was actually a nice reality check.  We got out of the door ok and made it everywhere on time. The biggest hassle was prepping all of her meals and snacks the night before.  Fortunately, our daycare provides a wonderful and healthy snack and meal menu so I won't have to worry about that next year!  The trial run gave me a good feeling about managing everything next year.

Maya was upset when I left, but she settled down with the help of her lovey- "Dolly."  When I arrived back at my mom's, she was outside blowing bubbles at Maya.  I walked up and Maya was saying "bubbles!'  I couldn't believe it!!!  When I brought her home I took her outside and blew bubbles for her in front of Dave to see if she'd do it again and she again said "bubbles!'  Then I did some weeding and asked Dave to bring out the tulips that I got for Easter so I could plant them.  He brought them out and Maya was drawn to the flowers.  Dave said "flower" and Maya repeated it a couple of times!

She's also been trying to say "Dexter" but it comes out more as "dah-der."  It's super cute!  He licks her hands and she says "dah-der!"

I think we're loosely saying the following

  • Dada
  • Mama- although seldom said :-(
  • doggy
  • Dexter
  • bubbles
  • flower
  • no
  • more
  • hi
  • bye
  • all done (rarely)
  • yea
  • book
  • ball/doll (sound similar)
In books she's identifying "dogs" and "balls."  Oh and I think she's been trying to imitate the "mooo" sound. It's hilarious!    

She loves looking at cats in her books so I took her to the local pet store to show her the cats this morning!  She loved them and they seemed to love her too.  She's surely an animal lover- especially a dog lover.  Her favorite iPad app is "Sound Touch Lite" and when the different dogs appear and start barking she smiles real big!

Ok- enough bragging (but that's what parents are supposed to do right?).

This picture isn't from Thursday but it's a nice picture of G.B. and Maya!  G.B. made her the tiara headband.

Tomorrow is Maya's birthday party.  We're keeping it very small with just immediate family and her godparents.  It's an owl themed party and I made most of the decorations.  I'll blog about that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment