Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stocking!

My (Amy's) mom is excellent at needlepoint (she's even won awards for her work).  It's a fine art- it's expensive and very time consuming.  If you know anything about it, you know that it's a lot more than a simple basket-weave stitch.  My mom needlepointed a beautiful stocking cuff for Maya.  I picked it out because I loved the design, but my mom made it really "pop" with fancy stitches! You can't really tell in the photo but Santa's beard is even fuzzy!

I know that it's something she will cherish her whole life.  It's also a great size so Santa can fill it with goodies!





We'll have to make sure that our next house has a fireplace to really show it off :-)


Thanks G.B.!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you are happy with it. Hope maya grows up to love it. It is only one to a person!!

    ReplyDelete